Monday, December 3, 2012

It's beginning to look like Christmas . . .



In the midst of all of the mess of storage totes & boxes,
bit by bit I am beginning to find Christmas.

Years of never throwing anything away...
because one of these days I will use it...
has finally overwhelmed me.
Slowly, I am going through my "stuff"'
and choosing carefully
what I want to keep.



For the first time that I remember,
I decorated the tree
for me-
the way I wanted it-
pretty & sparkly-
without red!
just whites & greens
silver & mercury glass
glass & glitter-
different that ever before.



In the morning I plan on decorating a little tree 
just for the grandchildren-
with their special Disney ornaments and
my cute ornaments with all of the kids names of them,
gifts given to me most years from my children.
There will be snowmen
& gingerbread men,
Santa
& an angel or two.

Who knows what else is waiting in the mountain of totes
now sitting in our garage.
I'm just too sentimental to get rid of my treasures.

Happy decorating!
Hopefully you have more done than I do!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Your tree is purdy!!! :)

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Gorgeous tree, Sheila! Good to see you posting.

thistlewoodfarm said...

Wait....I have those totes, too! Happy Christmas decorating to you!

blessings,
karianne