Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Cards


A few days ago, I sat down at my desk
 with my faithful address book
and sent out Christmas greetings
 to family & friends.
It is a tradition that I have always enjoyed..
despite what my daughter thinks!
(Love ya, Karen!)


It is a running family joke that I love
 to "X" off names on my list
IF I don't receive a card from ones I sent.
Not true!


Well...maybe a little bit true.
Evidently at some point I got carried away
 with my red "x-ing" pen!


I've kept this Christmas list book since 1988.
Throughout the pages are lots of address changes,
notes of loved ones no longer on this earth,
and some names of friends we have lost track of.
It has sort of become a history book
of family & friends.


But it is also a tradition I am seeing fade away.
I don't receive as many cards in the mail these days.
No doubt the Internet has something to do with it...
making contact through the keyboard a convenience,
plus a way to cut back on money spent.


I'll store my little old red address book away
 for another year.
I just hope I can remember where I put it!

Merry Christmas to you...
if I didn't get a card in the mail to you!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

I cheated and sent a huge pile back with the girls. :)

Anonymous said...

My Mom had one of those little red address/Christmas card books! Good memories!

Marilyn

Cheryl @ TFD said...

I've decided to not send cards this year. Well, maybe just a very few. I'm running out of time and writing notes in each one is time-consuming!
I, too, have noticed that we're getting fewer cards the last couple of years.
Merry Christmas!

Tricia G. said...

We didn't hardly get any cards this year either. I still love sending them out though! :)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

I love that you still send Christmas cards, I hope those you sent them to hang onto them and do the same in return. Sheila my daughter loved seeing the Biltmore both times. She's so fortunate to live so close. Someday it will be in the cards for me to go. hugs ~lynne ~

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

Hi Sheila, it's always nice to know someone else loves this area as much as do. I try to stop by Nell Hill's as often as I can, she always inspires me to push my products a little harder in my shop, when it grows up I want it to be like hers. lol I hope you enjoyed the memories I stirred. hugs ~lynne ~

deborah said...

I like how you have a notebook and a history book all rolled into one. I posted about my Guest Book a while back and I feel the same way about it. It has history!!!

I don't send Christmas Cards anymore. A few years ago I switched to Easter cards. We usually travel at Christmas and my kiddos birthdays were the beginning of the year. I would get their photos taken around their birthdays and want to send them to friends and family. So switching to Easter and spring worked wonderfully for me.

This year I've been procrastinating on getting it done. It does get expensive!! But I love receiving cards and letters and photos.

Gala غلا الروح said...


This is such a nice addition thanks!!!
غلا الروح
شات صوتي

شات الغلا
صوتية الغلا

غلا الصوتيه
شات الروح
شات صوتي غلا
شات صوتي
شات غلا

إشتراكات الصوتي
قوانين الصوتي
فعاليات الصوتي
برامج صوتيه

شات غلا
سعودي كام الصوتي
شات تمنيتك
شات غلاتي
شات صوتي
غلا
شات غلاي
إشتراكات الصوتي

دلع ون
حبي كول
شات أميره الصوتي
وه الغربيه
نايس كام
شوق كام
سحر الكون
بنت ابوي

عرب كول
شات صوتي
شات صوتي
انحراف كام
شات مغربي

عذاب كول
شات صوتي
شات كول

شات الغلا
Cockteail
fashion-moderns

كشف تسرب
تسرب المياه بالرياض