Tuesday, February 14, 2012

A Touch of Silver


Today is the 25th wedding anniversary
for my "baby" sister & her hubby!
Twenty five years already?

Carol & Garry's engagement photo

Just a couple of weeks ago, Carol mentioned in one of our frequent
telephone conversations, that this would be their 25th anniversary!
It had slipped up on me.
Of course, I thought we should have a big party & celebrate
the occasion with all the trimmings,
but Carol opted for a quite day with just her little family.
I think Garry may have something up his sleeve for later on.
But that's their secret.

I didn't want to let the day slip away without letting you see
what a romantic Carol really is.
She got married on Valentine's Day!


February 14, 1987

The Love Birds!


My beautiful sister!


The Bridesmaids


Garry & his groomsmen



They were married at the Church of God (Holiness)
Overland Park, Kansas


Mr. & Mrs. Garry Wheeler


And then they were off on a honeymoon to Austria!


The newlyweds came to visit us in Indiana in the springtime...


...and a few springtime's later, they were waiting for little Wheeler!


I came to town for a family reunion & Carol surprised me
with my first sweet niece, Kelcie Lynn
Ahem....she just happens to have my middle name,
along with another auntie's!

The Wheeler family of three...


Baby Kylie made her appearance a few days before Thanksgiving,
and boy, did we make memories that weekend!

Now they are a family of four...



Sweet baby girls


and then Jacob came along to complete the family.
(Carol will kill me for this picture, but it's one of my favorites!)





The years are passing by & the little Wheelers are growing up...


Graduations happen, girls grow up . . .


Jake & his Dad . . .
looking more alike all of the time!



Still loving each other after all these years


The Wheelers in Indiana...
with a few touches of silver in somebodies hair!  : )


Happy 25th anniversary to my favorite brother-in-law
(and not just because he is the only one!)
and my dear, sweet, little sis!
We love you dearly & wish you many, many more happy years together.

Happy Valentine's Day!

No comments: