Sunday, January 8, 2012

Life Happened . . .


I think I left you stranded on a mountain ~
and with the intentions of taking you to Virginia.
But that didn't happen
and without apology or explanation for my non-blogging period,
I will just say that life happened...
a lot of it!

and now we will go on.

To catch you up with our life happenings . . .


After 3 years of being part of our lives, due to health issues,
my brother packed up and headed back to California
for an adventure of his own.
Steve is in the process of getting his bride here from across the seas
and we wish them the best.
Maybe some day I will tell you about it . . .


We celebrated Thanksgiving with all of our family here
along with my sister & her family from Kansas,
plus a friend of Kylie's from New Zealand.
It was 5 days of food & fun,
with 18 here from turkey dinner!


The end of November brought birthday celebrating for Jeff.
(I can't believe that my baby is 35 years old!)


Carol...my sister

We did some Black Friday shopping,
went to a Decorator's Showcase
and made a quick trip to our scenic little village of Nashville.
Quality sister time!


There were Christmas programs to attend -



Family time with the Thompson Clan
Rebekah & Kevin (Bob's brother) with Jeff


Dad Thompson & Rosemary
with Vickie (Bob's sister)


The festive looking Walden's, Jonathan & Karen (our daughter)
...and me


A lunch outing at Elsbury's Nursery with some church lady friends


A little decorating . . .


Then we had a surprise visit from my cousin from Kansas
and I just had to take her to Elsbury's
(I have tons of Christmas pics that I won't bore you with)


Dinner with Duane & Luana
at Zaharakos
our local ice cream shop from 1900 that has been refurbished . . .
a local treasure!


a trip to Bloomington for lunch with Aunt Donna

and lots and lots of shopping!



sugar cookies were baked...at the last minute!



Christmas was celebrated
with the little people
who make it worth all of the stress & work!



The week after Christmas I left my tree & decorations up
and we did some entertaining. 
One night we had Bob's sister & her hubby out for dinner,
something we seldom take time to do.
Another night we went out to dinner with friends whom we had neglected
way too long.  Dessert was back at our house
with a great night of catching up.
And to top the week off...
all 6 grandkids came & spent the night!


Paige helped with the dishes


Brycen & Peyton had a little DS challenge going



Carter relaxed in the recliner


while Kerrigan & Parker figured out new games & their Ipods.

If was a fun, noisy night & one they hopefully will remember.


Since the New Year,
we have celebrated our son-in-laws birthday,
along with the twins 6th birthday.

So you can see,
life really has happened around here
and I don't see it slowing down for a while.
There were several sentimental moments along the way
that I just couldn't find time to write about,
but I have missed it.
Hopefully, I won't leave you on any more mountains!

3 comments:

Peggy B. said...

Welcome back to blogland. Christmas time is always so busy, that you are glad when it's over. I'm sure that is not the way it is supposed to be.

Where is Elsbury Nursery? That looks like a fun place to go.

Sheila said...

Peggy,

Elsbury's is on Hwy 9, north of the junction, before you get to Hope. I'm not sure if it will be open all winter, but come spring, it will be full of gorgeous annuals & perennials. There is a restaurant operating out of the nursery called "Millie's Cafe". The day that we were there, they were serving in the greenhouse, with tables among the rows of poinsettia's. Really put us in the Christmas mood! ;)

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

Glad to see you back, you've been missed! Looks like you've been really busy. Enjoyed seeing all the lovely photos!