Thursday, July 7, 2011

The Dresser


I think I was about 3 years old when I got this little vanity dresser.
I always remember having it.
It was in my bedroom when I was a little girl
& I would sit & primp or fix my dolls hair.

It's old....
My Uncle Ranny made it for me
out of plywood & orange crates.
I think I was about 3 years old
when he gave it to me.

As I grew older it was stored away in our basement.
Later, my little sister came along & it was hers to play with.
At some point, it was stored under the house in Overland Park
and later brought out for Karen to play with when she was at
her Grandma Brown's.
Years passed & it finally came home with me to Indiana.

My nieces came along & when they came to visit us
& I remember getting the dresser out of the attic for them to play with
when they played with their dolls.
One time I saw one of them carrying it around & I knew it was time
to put it away for a while before it was broken.

And then my granddaughter's came along & once again,
it came out of storage.
They have played with it for several years,
but recently I've noticed that they are about to outgrow it.

Tonight I'm having a friend take some pictures of Paige
with the little dresser before she gets much older
and doesn't care about it.
Once again...it is just a piece of wood.
But it has a history with me and I want to pass that history
on to the ones that I love.

Hopefully, fun photos to follow!

3 comments:

Pamela said...

So precious and what sweet memories you have. Your pictures are going to be darling.

Jenny said...

oooohhhhh...no pressure! lol

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

What a sweet picture of you with your dresser, Sheila. It's wonderful that the dresser has lasted so long and enjoyed by so many little girls!