Monday, February 14, 2011

"I Can't See Me Lovin' Nobody But You. . . "


We were just kids that first Valentine's Day,
44 years ago. . .
me still being 17,a senior in high school
he 18 and a freshman in college


But from the beginning
we knew we were meant to be together.


After a 7 month whirlwind romance,
we were married
in those stormy days of the sixties
somehow escaping the drug culture of the day
and surviving during the Viet Nam era
when many friends went off to war...
somehow we made it.
And I've never regretted saying "I do"
on that warm August night
when my whole world changed,
becoming a bride at the age of 18.


And as the lyrics of one of our favorite songs says,
I still mean it...

"I can't see me lovin' nobody but you
for all my life.
When you're with me baby the skies will be blue
for all my life.

Me and you and you and me,
No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be
The only one for me is you, and you for me
So happy together"!

Happy Valentine's to the man of my life!


Lyrics from "Happy Together" by The Turtles

2 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Well that was sweet and mushy! ;o)

Cheryl @ The Farmer's Daughter said...

Sheila, we're about the same age and I remember that song well! I liked the lyrics and the beat! We've done well to stay married so long, haven't we? Must be love! Hope you had a great Valentine's Day. Hugs, Cheryl