Friday, January 7, 2011

New Beginnings


I've been busy!

Several years ago I quit making New Year's Resolutions
as I would more often than not disappoint myself.
This year was the same...
no resolutions,
but a clean slate to begin a new year.
And I have been working on it!


I have a bad habit...
well, actually I have several bad habits,
but this one--I'm going to work on this year.
It seems that I love to start projects in a big way,
but soon lay them aside & they never get finished.
I've been looking around my home
& there are some loose ends that need to be tied up.


So, for this year my non-New Year's resolution is...
to finish my pile of unfinished projects.
And that should keep me busy for a while.


In the meantime, I have some deep cleaning to do,
dust bunnies to drag out from behind the couch,
closets to clean, clutter to clear,
& Christmas decorations to store away for another year.
(There is a small mountain of them waiting for me in the garage!)


And in between my sprees of clutter clearing & cleaning,
there are birthday's to celebrate,
grandkids to hug,
& my family to take care of.


January is my month of new beginnings.
I enjoy the quiet evenings after all of the hustle & bustle
and don't mind at all getting snowed in a time or two.
I hear a project calling my name...
waiting to be finished.
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Nettie's Nook said...

I'm sure you will get many things accomplished this year, maybe in your spare time you could help me!!! Ha Ha....

Tamara Jansen said...

I stopped buying things for little projects a few years ago since I felt so guilty for not finishing them.

But.....now I only do BIG projects that require assistance from the Big Guy or some greenhouse staff. LOL.

Check out the pair of chandeliers I made last week for my son's wedding :)

Carol said...

I think stopping to smell the fragrance of life is resolution enough. I want to live fuller and love more. As far a cleaning... I'll do only what I can. Live is too short to spend on the details. Miss you!!!!!!!!

Carol said...

Oops.... Life is too short, not live. ; )