Thursday, January 13, 2011

Is There a Casket in the House?

Snow days, Daddy having to go on a business trip,
& Mommy's 12 hour shift at the hospital
can make for frazzled nerves for the babysitter.
Not that they are bad kids...
it is just a little stressful when big brother is home from school,
it's too cold to go outside,
& you are used to the peace & quiet of your own home.
That is what happened to Uncle Steve yesterday,
the official sitter for the day.
So...I told him to bring them out to Grandma for a while.


Spaghetti is one of their favorite meals
so as they played in the family room
I stirred up the pasta & hurried to finish dinner.
The twins were playing & out of one ear
I heard Paige say to Peyton
"Hey!  Let's play dead."
Next I heard giggles so I thought maybe I should
take a peak at what in the world they were doing.
I wish I would have snapped a picture!


There in my brand new bench that I had just been bragging about,
was Paige!
...with the lid up & her stretched out like she was in a casket!
Of course I hollered at them to get out of my bench right this minute
& never to do that again!
I then realized that just maybe Peyton & Paige have been too a few too
many funeral home visitations recently.
It just goes to show you that little eyes are more observant than we realize
& they do know what is going on.
And it also makes Grandma think that maybe she shouldn't
be quite so worried about her decor.
It only takes a 5 year old to knock the props
out from under you...
or the bottom out of your bench!

(Thankfully no furniture was damaged in this episode!)

2 comments:

Peggy B. said...

Oh my....MERCY!!!!!

Karen Walden said...

Now I used to like to "play church" when I was a little girl, but I never went this far!! Good grief! Pretty sure Paige takes after her daddy!! ;o) Amazing to think that her little imagination thought that up!