Thursday, December 23, 2010

Taking a few minutes for myself...


One recent morning I had breakfast alone...
just me & the birds at my feeder.
Bob had slipped out in the wee hours of the morning
to begin snow removal & I slept in!
Being the big metropolis that we are,
we recently were finally blessed with a Panera Bread Company
& I splurged on some pastries.
A perfect morning for a muffin & cup of coffee-
or at least some java with a whole lot of cream!


Have you ever noticed how quiet it gets with a new snowfall?
I took a few extra minutes and enjoyed the beauty of the fresh snow
out my kitchen window.
It was as if it was just me, the cardinals & chickadees...
& my Saviour
speaking softly to me in the quiet of the morning.


And for a few precious minutes,
I let the cares & burdens
of my world slip off of my shoulders.


I often find myself getting too busy & burdened down
with what is on my "too do" list.
Taking a few minutes for myself made my day go much better.
Quiet times...I need them more often.

5 comments:

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Hi Sheila, great post and I just love your snow photos! Beautiful!

I know what you mean about needing quiet time. For me, it is as necessary as eating or sleeping. When the busyness of life gets to be a little too much, I retreat into my quiet zone. It definitely helps.

If I don't "talk" to you again before Saturday, have a wonderful Christmas!

Christmas hugs,
Cheryl

Rural Rambler said...

Sheila beautiful pictures of peace. I feel it. And I know what you mean about some alone time. Early in the morning, an hour or so ago when I started, I love to sit on the porch with my blankie and laptop and watch as the day lights up and see the first birds and squirrels at the feeder. What a sweet post you have today to help me start my day. We have to drive a half hour to get to a Panera Bread Company, but I love their tuna on multi-grain!

Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas blessed with peace and fun too!

ng said...

Beautiful post!

lulumusing said...

You can't do better than to allow time for yourself and enjoy all that is around you. Good for you. Visit any time....I enjoy your company.

Joycee said...

So glad I "went backwards to read the posts I missed during the busy holiday. Shelia, this is a magical post full of wisdom and the true Spirit of Christmas. The beauty of the snow, the quietness of the morning and your open heart made for a wonderful start to your day!