Friday, November 19, 2010

A Christmas Open House at Elsbury's


Until this week, we have had unseasonably warm weather,
making it hard to get in the Christmas shopping spirit.
I needed a little inspiration & motivation
so treated myself to an afternoon out last Saturday.

Just south of the little town of Hope, Indiana,
is one of my favorite places to go each spring.
I've taken you there through my journal
but I don't think you have ever seen their Christmas display.

I found a Winter Wonderland this past weekend at Elsbury's Greenhouse.



Trees were decked out in their finest bubbles & bangles-
& they were all for sale!


This one took my eye as I an a collector of Snowmen.
I resisted the urge to splurge!
  

I loved these 3 small wispy white trees!


And the train display was awesome!


Elsbury's
is known for their poinsettias


and about any color you would want is there-
from small to super-sized!


I think I like the red...
no, maybe the peppermint striped...
or the white--

I can't make up my mind!


Elsbury's is operated under new ownership this year
& they have added a florist & a cafe.
The tables were full of lunch time guests,dining in the greenhouse.


The gift shop was overflowing with more trees, ornaments,
Santas, Snowmen, & Nativities.


I brought home one of the plates for myself
& found some sparkly stems for decorating.

And now that the air is crisp & it is cold enough for a jacket,
I think I'm ready to go Christmas shopping.

If you are on my list--
you had better not pout or whine--
& you had better let me know what you want.
Mrs. Claus is heading to the Mall!
Ho-Ho-Ho!!!

5 comments:

Peggy B. said...

Wow! I wish I had time to go there this weekend.
And for my Christmas wish list....it won't cost you a dime. I just want my house to sell, and a job so I can be with my kiddos.

Pat said...

What a great place to visit, Sheila! Beautiful trees and the poinsettia are gorgeous. J brought me two paperwhites today. Now I need a poinsettia to with them.:-)

Karen Walden said...

Looks like a great photo backdrop for us this weekend!!! ;o)

Jenny said...

Was just getting ready to say the same thing, Karen! :)

The Farmer's Daughter said...

Looks like a wonderful place to visit, Sheila. The photos are all great, and I especially like the first one of the trees. I just love Christmas!

Have a good weekend,
Cheryl