Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Lunch at Streamcliff Farm

Pearl & Nancy finally made it to Columbus!
We had been trying to juggle our schedules for a couple of summers
wanting to get together for lunch.
Pearl lives in Fishers & Nancy lives in Greenwood.
We met many moons ago because our husbands are all Chevy nuts.
Over the years we have become very good friends.
Since my lady friends didn't have a preference for lunch,
I decided to take them to one of my very favorite places...
Stream Cliff Farm.
It is located about 40 miles south of here & I decided if I didn't take them,
they would never get to experience Twigs & Sprigs.
They loved it!
Nancy is a "red hatter" & said she would be back with a car load of Indy friends.
Twigs & Sprigs Tea Room
has the most wonderful lemon verbena lemonade. Mmmmm...
Nancy had a flavored tea
& Pearl missed out by having a Diet Coke!
Birdseed Pasta Salad topped with Chicken
served with pita chips
My lunch---Deeeelicious!

After lunch we browsed the quaint shops & walked through the garden area.
It was a hot, steamy day & I think for the first time ever,
I walked out of there without buying a single plant.
But I'll be back...

I love to go to Stream Cliff several times a season
as the gardens are ever changing.
With our spring rains & warm weather,
the gardens were lush & full of color.

The 3 little shops are bursting with garden style decor.
They have beautiful floral stems & nice greenery,
different than you can find locally.

It always amazes me that we can drive miles & miles down State Road 3,
seeing nothing but farms & some ramshackle houses,
turn off at a huge grain elevator, drive past an elementary school,
& arrive an seemingly just someones farm,
to find a delightful place to spend a sunny summer morning,
& have a delicious lunch.


If you see me heading south on Hwy 7...
you know where I'm headed!


http://www.streamclifffarm.com/

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I want one of those wagons for a photo prop!!! :) Looks like fun there!

Karen Walden said...

I think Mom has one of those wagons Jenny if you ever need to borrow it! :) It was mine and Jeff's years ago! She probably wouldn't "part" with it, but I'm sure she'd let ya borrow it!

Sheila said...

Noooo...I won't part with it, but you can borrow it! It is quite rusty in the bottom so little buns might need protected! ;)

Your Penn Palz : said...

amazing!!!! we saw you there today! i was browsing online to find a photo of my 'birdseed pasta' lunch... which i did not get a photo of and WOW!!! your blog pops up! what a small world... we had a fabulous afternoon at stream cliff and it sounds as if you all did, as well!!! ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sheila, I just recovered Stream Cliff Farms a few weeks ago. I want to make the Birdseed pasta for my Bible study class tomorrow. Do you have the recipe?
Bev