Monday, April 5, 2010

More Pages From My Scrapbook...

It was over two years after Mom's passing
before I was able to work on my scrapbook.
During her illness I snapped all kinds of pictures of her,
knowing that someday they would be treasures.



I don't look at my scrapbook very often.
Even after almost 7 years
I still miss her more than I ever imagined I would.
Spring time brings those memories rushing back...
being in Kansas for my birthday in March-
Mom's birthday in April-
and that last Mother's Day
when we knew her days were few.




This morning I found my scrapbook
& remembered Mom's birthday by thumbing through the pages.
Some are more personal than I care to share.
But here are a couple for you to see...
to help us remember our Mom
on what would have been her 85th birthday!



I think God put Mother Nature on overtime that year

as those last few weeks of her life,

every spring time tree, every flower, every plant

seemed to be in full bloom.

And now she celebrates every day where it is

"Forever Springtime"



'Don't cry for me, I'm going Home to see my Saviour

There's a garden He's been tending just for me

Why, I can almost smell the sweet perfume

of roses on the vine...

Dry your eyes, don't you cry

I'm just going where it's forever Springtime!' "


Happy Birthday, Mom!!!


"Forever Springtime" by The Bishops

4 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Happy Birthday to my sweet Grandma Brown. Do you remember that it was Michael Wright and his family sang that song, "Forever Springtime" at Grandma's funeral?

Sheila said...

Oh yes...I do remember & thought about that when I heard of his crisis. I cannot imagine what they are having to deal with right now.

Cheryl said...

What a wonderful scrapbook! Our mother's will always hold a special place in our hearts. I lost my mother over 30 years ago, she died when my son was 2 weeks old. I've missed her so many times over the years and especially regret that she never got to see my children growing up, she loved sports and would have so loved seeing my son play baseball and basketball. She was a great person and I never heard her say an unkind word about anyone.

Sorry, I didn't intend to go on and on! Have a good day!

Anonymous said...

I sure do miss my mom still after all these years.

I try not to talk about it much anymore because I think that after a year people started getting tired of hearing how much I still missed her. Just because I don't speak of it doesn't mean the deep ache of missing her or just wanting to hear her say she loved me isn't there.