Thursday, December 3, 2009

Nativity

In recent years I've kept my special Nativity tucked away,
not wanting it to be broken by little ones wanting to touch
out of childhood curiosity.
Hopefully they have learned the "don't touch" phrase.


This afternoon I brought down the box filled with my special pieces. I had forgotten how much I loved it. Several years ago I bought it a piece at a time through Ashton Drake Doll Company. The dolls are porcelain--and breakable!

Inside the box was my stash of angle hair, which I just found out is no longer made, and strand of white lights.

I love the faces of these pieces.

When looking at them, I can just imagine a Children's Christmas program at church, with the tiny tots dressed up in their homemade costumes.

For now, they are safely displayed in our living room.

This sweet little fellow carries his flute.

The Three Wise Men have their gold, frankincense, & myrrh.

The little shepherd carries his baby lamb, along with his shepherd's hook.

The Angel...I love her golden curls!

Mary, the Mother of the Holy Child

and Joseph

I can't wait for our grandchildren to see the Nativity.
They know the Christmas Story
& I want them to remember the real Reason for the Season,
Baby Jesus!

3 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Oh my you are brave!!! Please put the gate up in the living room when we come over! HA! I really doubt they bother it. They don't bother any of my stuff this year. What a relief! Love that nativity. Much better than the olivewood for sure! ;)

Peggy B. said...

I have never seen one like this before. I love it.

Lavender Chick said...

How beautiful! Love their precious faces, I've never seen a nativity like this before. Love it!