Thursday, October 15, 2009

Burdens...



I must tell Jesus
All of my trials
I cannot bear these burdens alone
In my distress He kindly will help me
He ever cares and loves His own
I must tell Jesus
All of my troubles
He's a kind and compassionate friend
If I but ask Him
He will deliver
Make of my troubles
Quickly an end
[Chorus]
I must tell Jesus
I must tell Jesus
I cannot bear these burdens alone
I must tell Jesus, I must tell Jesus
Jesus can help me, Jesus alone
I woke up this morning with this song going over & over in my head & I can't get away from it. You see, yesterday was a day of sad burdens.
Without revealing too many details, I'll try to explain.
The past few days have brought news of someone not too far away loosing their job, along with another grave problem in their family. Then I received a call where a son of a lifelong friend is having open heart surgery today. Just after that there was news of someone very dear to me loosing their home.
And then the terrible news came that a neighbors only child died an untimely death at the tender age of 22. While I was talking to another friend about this situation, I learned that her son was also in trouble once again & in jail for mistakes me made over the weekend.
I went to bed with a heavy heart. My prayers were for Jesus to help in each situation, but especially wrap his arms around Beth & Kevin who are no doubt devastated at this time. Sleep came, but I can't tell you how many times I woke up thinking about the problems that I heard yesterday.
And then when I woke this morning, the soft tune of "I Must Tell Jesus" was humming through my head. Yes, I must tell Him. He alone is the answer to all of our problems. This world we live in isn't an easy one any more. I need to learn the lesson that I don't have to bear those heavy burdens alone.
May we show our faith to those in need in the next few days.

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I don't understand how people live without being able to "tell Jesus!" Sometimes I can't express my hurts/worries or even excitements the way I feel, but somehow He knows!! We are blessed by just having that privilege!

Lady J said...

Beautiful that God sent you this song at such a time as this.

Peggy B. said...

I could not live without Him. Glad he can decipher the cries our our heart even when we can't put it into words.