Friday, September 25, 2009

Carter & Me






Yesterday afternoon my phone rang & Carter's little voice said, "Grandma, you have to come to my school for Grandparent's day!". Well, of course I would come.
Carter is in Kindergarten at Parkside Elementary School this year & loves it! (His teacher even whispered to me that she thinks Carter is an especially sweet little boy & very intelligent.) Of course Grandma knew that!
The room was full of children with their grandparents, or if they couldn't come, a parent. Only one little girl was there alone & she didn't seem to mind a bit!
We had a little craft time & made a picture frame for the photograph that was taken of us together. Won't that look good on April's fridge?

I'm not too thrilled about posting pictures of myself...but this one is for Carter.

He was so proud to show me his room with all of the bulletin board displays. Carter kept my attention by reading off his letters & numbers that were posted around the room. I was amazed at how much he was learning already!
Mrs. Critzer had her kiddies sing a few action songs and do a little "reading theatre" fable. Some of the kids were peacocks & the other were crows.

Carter was a peacock & here he is showing off his feathers!

What a fun morning, sharing it with Carter & his Kindergarten class. Just the look on his face when he saw me walk in the door made the trip extra special.

Thank you, Carter, for sharing your morning with me. Love you bunches!!!

1 comment:

Karen Walden said...

Awww! How sweet! Glad you were able to go and make little Carter's day! He's a doll...