Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Snapshots of our Wedding



August 19, 1967

Mom & me


Where have the past 42 years gone?

Yet when I look in the mirror I realize the years are taking their toll...

And as I thumb through my photo albums

I see our family circle is becoming smaller with the passing of each year

Sherry...just minutes before she became my sister-in-law
Dad & me

We both look scared!
Dad & Mom


Bob with his Mom & Dad
and Vickie caught the bouquet!
(I think I actually threw it to her)
Mom & Dad Thompson
My sweet little flower girl...
Carol Jean!
The Wedding Party
Steve Thompson, Carol Hood, Leon Ziegler, Sherry Thompson
Carol Jean Brown
The Bride & Groom
Luana Palmer
Leroy Ross
Cherie Fulkerson
Steve Brown
Gardenias
Somewhere I had seen another bouquet like this
& I just had to have it.
All of my flower for our wedding were about $75.00!
Looks like we were on the run!

Our Cake
Remember Madam Jay's Bakery
near Milgrims on 75th Street?
That's where it came from

and running out the front door of the Overland Park church!

And our song...

by "The Turtles"

Imagine me and you, I do

I think about you day and night, it's only right

To think about the girl you love and hold her tight

So happy together

If I should call you up, invest a dime

And you say you belong to me and ease my mind

Imagine how the world could be, so very fine

So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you

For all my life

When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue

For all my life

Me and you and you and me

No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be

The only one for me is you, and you for me

So happy together

I can't see me lovin' nobody but you

For all my life

When you're with me, baby the skies'll be blue

For all my life

Me and you and you and me

No matter how they toss the dice, it has to be

The only one for me is you, and you for me

So happy together

2 comments:

Dorcas said...

I hope you have a very special anniversary!!

Carol said...

Happy anniversary, Sister Blister! Can you believe I wasn't even 3 years old when you got married???? That means we're BOTH old!!! : 0