Monday, July 13, 2009

Chicago Bound!

It's that time of year again! Our vacations revolve around Bob's passion for old Chevys and this time it is taking us to Chicago Land....Arlington Heights to be exact. We'll be leaving in a few days for just a short stay. The conventions have been held in the Chicago area several times & it is a convenient trip for us, plus they usually have several activities.

So, once again, think of us in that heavy Chicago traffic, riding in the big truck, pulling a double car trailer. The coming & going is the part I dread as we are the length of a semi trailer rig. Therefore, we have to be very careful when we pull off that we don't get stuck in a tight spot. (In the past, I have had to get out & stop traffic so Bob can back that rig up! Just what I wanted to do....)

I have plans to go on the downtown Chicago bus trip. They will take us to Navy Pier & from there we can ride the trolleys around the loop, getting off & on where we want. I'm buddy-less this time, so am going to have to make a friend fast as this small town girl doesn't want to wander those streets alone!


Friends of ours are coming to spend one day with us. Then we will be back home a few days to get ready to head out for North Carolina.
And in case you are wondering....NO, I won't be going out on the the Sky Deck at the Sears Tower. See through floors 1,353 feet in the air are not for me!

8 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Don't forget to visit the American Girl Doll store there!!! I'll have to take Paige there someday!
Enjoy your short trip!

Sheila said...

That is on my list of places to go! I had her tell me which one she likes, & she just likes them all. Any special one I can get for Christmas? Do you like the twins???

Peggy B. said...

Have fun!

Karen Walden said...

Oh I don't care! I haven't even looked at them much! She's so funny, like me and can't make a decision! :) The twins are cute too!

Jonathan Walden said...

Get me a car t-shirt please!

Sheila said...

I'm sure there will be a shirt in our "goodie" bag! I hate them for myself anymore.

Anybody need a souvernir? Better tell me a sports team or I'll get the wrong one--IF I'm around anything like that.

Jeff...you had better speak up too!

Karen Walden said...

Parker likes the Cubs and the White Sox, but probably the White Sox the best!

John said...

Thanks for the post. It can be really hard putting together an
estate appraisal
So make sure you work with professionals.