Monday, May 11, 2009

Things that take my attention...




This blog may be silent for the next few days as I'm finding there are a lot of important things needing my attention.


Usually by this time in May I have my flower beds & patio pots full of new plants for the season. My goal is to get things finished up in the next few days & get the beds ready for much needed mulch.



Then there is always the possibility that my grandmothering skills might be needed. I know of three kids that will be here on Friday while their mommy & daddy work a giant garage sale that will benefit our Junior Church.


And then there is Bonnie. My mother-in-law is not doing well at all & I feel the need to be available to do what I can for her. She is in an assisted living facility, but in the past few days, her health has deteriorated and it may be necessary for the family members to be there more often. My mind is whirling with the happenings of just the past few days and how I've seen her go down hill so quickly. Please keep her in your prayers.


So for now, there are more important things than dwelling on my sentimental memories. It is time to live in the present! But I'll be back....

2 comments:

Dj said...

Sheila,
I will have the Church to pray for Sis.Thompson. She has always been such a sweet lady I have many memories of her and Bro.Thompson and they are all good.It is always hard to see the ones we love ill. Your in our Prayers.

Karen Walden said...

Hard to imagine she looked like that only one year ago! :( So sad to see her this way! At least we have great memories of the classy lady she really was! Thanks for going with me today to see Grandma!