Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Destination Sunshine!

As the snowflakes are falling this morning, I'm cheerfully packing my bags to head south. I can't wait!!!


Bob & I will be flying in to Orlando tomorrow evening for a weeks worth of sunshine--I hope! I have been to Florida this time of year when it was absolutely cold & miserable and not a whole lot of fun. But I'm hoping for warm days & sunshine.


Bob will be hanging out with his car buddies at Eckler's Chevy Convention at Old Town for the first part of our vacation. We have friends from all over the country in our car club & I'm sure I'll be around the convention some. But for the most part I'll be off exploring....or in other words shopping! Unfortunately we are limited on luggage so I won't be able to buy too much. Oh well...I'm sure they have a Fed Ex around there somewhere. ; )

Sunday we plan on heading to Ormond Beach to visit with Steve & Suzanne, Bob's brother. We always enjoy our time with them. Bob & Steve go their way, looking at houses & properties, while Suzanne & I hit the shops. I love to go with her as she is a decorator & finds unique boutiques.

We have never invested in a laptop and I'm actually looking forward to a few days of being lazy without the draw of the Internet. But I'll be back loaded up with pictures to share.


Wish I could pack you all in my suitcase for vacation! Maybe we should have a little bloggers retreat one of these days.....

9 comments:

Peggy B. said...

Enjoy.

Carol said...

Can I come with you????? : (

Denise said...

My Mom & Dad headed to FL yesterday......... I'm so jealous! :) Have fun!

Sheila said...

Come on down,Carol!!! Wouldn't we have fun?

Denise...I think about half or our church is on the way to Hobe Sound. Well, not really half, but there will be a big hole in our attendance this week. Bob & I won't be going to the Camp Meeting this time though.

Dorcas said...

Have lots of fun! I hope you have all sunshiny days. My son is in Tampa and they've had quite a bit of rain, so hopefully it will be nice for you!!

Jenny said...

I wanna go!!!!!!!!!!!

Carol said...

I would LOVE to join you, Sis! Think of all the fun we would have. Unfortunately, I have to work tomorrow, I have a mammogram scheduled for tomorrow, and I'm working Saturday. : ( Enjoy the sunshine for me!!

Karen Walden said...

We should've packed at least Paige in your suitcase! She doesn't weigh that much!!! :)

Have a fun vacation! We'll be waiting for you when you get back!

Sherry said...

Fortunately for you all it has warmed up some. I just about froze last week!