Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Snow...Day 2!

And this is what greeted this on Day Two of our snow storm!




The sleet began yesterday afternoon & continued all night, until the early hours of the morning. Bob once again had to leave the house early, around 4 a.m. this morning. It was still sleeting when he left but the snow began falling around 4:30 a.m. Another 4 inches on top of what we already had makes a grand total of about 10 inches on the ground with a thick layer of ice sandwiched in between. It has been over 9 hours since Bob left, and he is still out pushing snow!
School's were cancelled and Jonathan decided to work from home today. I'm taking advantage & doing much needed ironing--between trips to my computer to catch up on the latest world happenings! :( Duh...I'd get a lot more accomplished if I would just shut this thing down.













The view from my family room...



This will give you an idea of just how much snow there really is! Steve's car was completely covered and beneath the snow as a think coating of ice. He couldn't even get his car doors opened! But the sun is shining, he is scraping ice, & hopefully all will begin thawing soon.
So much for our Indiana sunshine!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I'd get a lot more done if I'd shut the computer down too! ;)

Peggy B. said...

Rachel & I shoveled and shoveled. A tiny little old 70 year old neighbor came over to help to. Finally......!!!!! a neighbor with a snow blower came over and helped. Whew.....spring please!!!

Carol said...

My kids are SO jealous!!!

Sheila said...

Well...they are sure welcome to some of it! : ) Bob pushed snow at Menards & on our street for 16 hours!!! Now maybe I can go shopping in Florida. Hehe!!!!

Denise said...

It sure is pretty for about a day - then it gets old fast, huh?! :)