Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Joy!



Somewhere in the hustle and bustle of this busy Season, I've let the Joy of Christmas grow dim. Everyday things have crowded into my life & I've just gotten too busy!


It is now Christmas Eve, the shopping is finished, gifts are tucked under the tree, and a few more chores need to be tended to. But for now I think I need to put all of that aside & restore the Joy to this Blessed Season.

Since Karen & Jeff have been married, they have celebrated their "in-law" Christmas with that part of their family on Christmas Eve. It has become a day that I use to wind down & get ready for the big sha-bang on Christmas Day. Weather permitting, we have gone out for dinner that evening...IF we can find an open restaurant!...and then ride around & look at Christmas lights. It has become a quiet tradition that we enjoy.

May you all have a wonderful Christmas Eve & Christmas Day with your families!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Merry Christmas Bob & Sheila!
~Wes, Jen, & Arilynn~

Dorcas said...

Merry Christmas to you & your family, Sheila!!

Peggy B. said...

Merry Christmas Bob & Sheila! Trust it will be the best one yet.