Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Shampoo

While showering & shampooing this morning, my mind went on a little sentimental journey. It doesn't take much to trigger those journey's these days!

It must have been the green bottle of Irish Spring liquid soap that did it. That handful of green soap bubbles made me think of Prell shampoo! Do you remember Prell? Is it still out there? It is one of those items that we used to use daily...but something else has taken it's place & I'm not sure if they even make it anymore. Bob would use nothing else for years until we finally decided that he needed a shampoo with conditioner in it and he made the switch to another brand.


It was my birthday, many long years ago. My cousin, Luana, was living in the same little town as I was at that time and her Mom worked at Sam's Market, our one and only little grocery store. It was either after school or a Saturday as I can still see Luana walking down the sidewalk with a little brown paper sack in her hand. I knew it was something for me! In she came, all excited that she had a gift for me, and handed me the little bag. I opened it and there was my own personal bottle of Prell! I remember thinking it was a special gift so no doubt it wasn't the brand we used in our household. Luana had no idea that probably at least 50 some years later I would still remember my birthday gift!


As you can see, it doesn't take much to make me happy. Just jog my memory & take me on a little journey & I'm happy as can be!


Now, I wonder if there might be an old bottle of Prell lurking around the Antique Mall.....

5 comments:

Karen Walden said...

I remember us using Prell when I was at home! It actually smelled good too! Haven't seen it in years either! Now, I'll look for it when I go to town!

Anonymous said...

Sheila,
I still use Prell every time I wash my hair and I love the way it cleans.
I have to buy mine at a drug store, like CVS.

Angie Davis said...

You can still buy it at CVS and I think our local Walmart has it too. I'm with your favorite husband--I need conditioner and lots of it. I use Biolage from the salon supply stores and long for the price tag of the Prell...

Sheila said...

I'll check it out...& see if they have it with conditioner. Angie, if I used conditioner I would look like a grease ball! My hair goes absolutely limp. Of course I'm still maintaining a 1980's hairdo too....

Lady J said...

Awe, I remember Prell. Didn't use it though. I have no idea what Mom bought but I always admired those "Breck" girls and longed for hair like them!