Saturday, November 8, 2008

It never fails...







I might as well just plan on making a yearly dental appointment--right after Halloween...


Last week I had a stash of candy in my car (just in case I had to have a quick energy boost!) and wouldn't you know it...the Milk Duds got me. I was merrily chewing away when all at once I felt something in my mouth besides a Milk Dud! You guessed it...


It never fails. I always get in the left over candy & either pull out a filling, pull off a crown, or crack a tooth. Well this time I think I pulled a tooth that didn't even have a crown on it. Thankfully, it wasn't very painful & I got an appointment right away. The doc took one look & couldn't believe how much of my tooth was missing! So...Monday I get to go back & have the remainder yanked out. Yikes!!!

When will I ever learn to leave that ooey gooey sticky stuff alone? At this rate I'll be toothless in the not so distant future.

6 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Can you believe I was eating Milk Duds last week and did the same thing?!?! Good grief, that's scary! Thanks for making me a dental appt too! Hope I don't have to get mine pulled!!

Jenny said...

Note to self: Do NOT eat Milk Duds in the near future!

Carol said...

Sounds like you girls need to stay away from Milk Duds! : )

Tricia Grissom said...

I cherish my teeth; therefore, I shall not partake of any Milk Duds. :o) Happy Teeth Pullin' gals!

Dorcas said...

Like everyone else commented, I think I'll stay away from Milk Duds, but I love them. I despise going to the dentist, so I guess I'll pass on them :o) Be sure to check my blog as I've posted pictures from Katressa's wedding reception!

Angie Davis said...

I make it a point to suck on the Milk Duds for a while, until they're too soft to do any harm.

If you're interested, I have a set of those wind-up chattery teeth you can use... :)