Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Whistle while you work...


Well, IF I could whistle--which I can't--I might be able to twitter a little tune. I've been up to my eyeballs in cleaning chores this week...& it's just Wednesday!







We own some duplexes which is supposed to be our "retirement" fund. However...I can see in the fortune tellers ball, this ole gray mare ain't going to be up to all of the cleaning chores that goes along with taking care of these places. We had one vacate this week & it looked relatively clean. Then I got on my hand & knees to clean the somewhat grungy looking floors & found my cleaning solution wasn't going to cut the mustard on this grime!


I made a quick call to Bob & he brought me a jug of Paron's Ammonia, a pair of rubber gloves, opened the windows so I would quite having a coughing fit, & left me to scrub the floors. Many hours later I actually didn't think I was going to be able to walk to the car to get myself home! Like I said....this ole gray mare.......


Anyway, the job is finished, the place is spiffed up & shining clean once again & our new renter will be moving in soon.


But that isn't the end of it. Jeff & April's house will soon be finished & there is MUCH cleaning to be done there too. So, guess what I'll be doing the next few days! At least this will be what I refer to as "clean" dirt. I much prefer construction dust & drywall debris to the dirt of some scuzzy person who never ever cleaned up after themselves.

So, just think of us this weekend, no doubt whistling while we work! At least Jeff & April probably will be whistling with glee, thinking about being able to move out of their tiny apartment into a new home with room to spare!

Signing for from blogging until my chores are done & my aching back gets better..................

2 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Hope your aching bones survived! I say rip up that linoleum floor and get smooth surfaced tile! :) What a job! Maybe you should raise the deposit so you can pay someone to do all that cleaning for you!

Sheila said...

Well...I had some do the last two, but decided to do this one as I didn't think it looked too bad. Guess I need to have my eyes checked...& my head examined! Tile sounds good to me....smooooooth surfaced tile.