Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You know it's time to clean house when...

Sunday, Parker won a prize in Junior Church---a little bag of brightly colored plastic snakes! He was absolutely thrilled and wanted to bring them to my house so he could scare me. Thank goodness they looked more like neon worms than snakes, so that took some of the scare away. Parker shared his win with Peyton & Paige & they both thought it was so funny to come hissing at me with one of their plastic serpents! Yikes!!!
As the day wore on, the things were left laying around everywhere. I warned Parker that if he didn't take them home ...they just might end up in Grandma's trash! He frantically went in search of his prized possessions & found all but one. (That thing is still lurking around here and will no doubt scare the daylights out of me when I do find it!)

I was upstairs getting ready for evening church service & hollered down to Parker to check under the couch. There was a commotion that I really didn't pay any attention to, when Bob yelled up at me to come look at what they had found. I could envision maybe a dehydrated mouse, an old dirty sock, a gross sippy cup--all kinds of images popped into my head. I yelled back that I didn't have time to come look...so just show me.

And show me he did! In his hand was a half opened Ahlmeyer Farms pastry box with a pie tin & 2 hard-as-a-rock pieces of left over chocolate pie!!! Bob said "what was this doing under the couch?". Are you kidding??? Do you think I put it there??? I know I'm getting a little senile, but I do still remember where to put pie!

Thinking back a few days (more than I want to admit!)...the last day Carol was here, I happened to have Jeff's boys and Karen & her gang also came out for lunch & goodbyes. We did have lunch with all of the kids & I remember trying to get someone to eat those last two pieces of chocolate pie. No one wanted them, so in the back of my chubby little mind, I thought...hummmm....maybe I'll have a piece later. And I do remember thinking about getting a slice & noticing the box was gone, thinking someone decided to have pie after all.

I'm just glad Parker & Bob are the ones that found that nasty old box! I do have a cleaning lady that comes every other Monday...& I seriously doubt that I would have been doing any deep cleaning between now & next week. I do believe that Teresa would have found it & thought I had completely lost my marbles!

So, now I know it really is time to clean my house...deep cleaning...fall cleaning. But once again, there is a lot on my plate at least until next week, so hopefully nothing too creepy will come crawling out from under my chairs.


Any little grand kid want to admit to hiding pie???

Which one of these innocent little creatures

would be the culprit?
Now, where is that little purple plastic snake....

10 comments:

Carol said...

OH MY GOODNESS!! That is absolutely HYSTERICAL!! I remember you asking if anyone wanted pie. I thought about having a little sliver a little later and didn't see the pie box either. I didn't even give it a second thought! My bet is on one of those little stinkers at your kitchen table! I am dying here! : )

Sheila said...

I'm thinking the one on the end...just a little to the right! :)

Carol said...

That's EXACTLY who I had in mind! ; )

Angie said...

Um, at my house, leftover pie is normally stored in the fridge. Just a thought, though...

Those lovely rubber snakes cracked me up on Sunday night. I knew they would surely bless your heart. I'm just glad Peyton and Kent didn't succeed in sticking them into that outlet after church--some of them have a small metal filament inside!

Sheila said...

Angie...Good thing you saw those boys trying to stick the snakes in the outlet...or they might have lighted (lit'?..ha!) themselves up!

By the way, the missing snake showed up today in Paige's doll stroller! Seems she was hiding it! Karen...look in your yellow bag! I didn't want that thing lurking around here.

And Angie, I don't think my frig had room for even a sliver of pie or it would have been inside! The frig was spilling over with leftovers.

Karen Walden said...

That's a hilarious story! Are you SURE you didn't put it there?! :)
At least you found it now instead of at Christmas time!!!

Sheila said...

Karen...I'm not sure of anything anymore!!! :(

Dorcas said...

That is too funny!!

Carol said...

I'm still voting on the grand-baby whose name starts with a "B". He looks TOTALLY guilty!

Sheila said...

I think Brycen got the votes! :) Did I tell you the story about Carter dumping almost a whole (small) bottle of baby powder all over my laundry room so he could make roads for his cars???? I'm STILL finding baby powder in there! I hope to tackle it tomorrow...