Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Nine years later...










Bob's sister, Vickie, was only 12 years old when we got married. That little girl grew up, met & dated Steve, fell in love & got married nine years after we did.



And if I have any photos of her wedding, they are in my boxes of slides--that I someday want to have put on CD's!

She had a beautiful wedding too. Her colors were yellow & her attendants carried bouquets of daisies, Vickie's favorite flower. I'm not even sure who her attendants were since I can't look at a picture & try to figure it out. I think one was her friend, Cathy, and maybe another friend Terry. Steve's attendants were his brother, Rick, & Steve Thompson. They were married in the Chapel of First Christian Church. (Vickie--you may correct me on that if I'm wrong!)
Here is a history lesson for some of you too young to remember. Do you know where our City offices are...at 3rd & Franklin? When we came here that building was The Surrey Inn...one of the nicer hotels in town. And that is where Vickie's reception was held! Several years later, the city bought the hotel & turned it into offices.


Happy 32 anniversary to The Bests! I can't believe it's been that long already.

2 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Happy Anniversay Vickie and Steve! Hope you had a nice day celebrating!

Jenny said...

Yellow and daisies...my favorite! Of course, when you have a Christmas wedding, it doesn't quite work...