Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Pastor...my Father-in-law


On September 6th, my Father-in-law will be celebrating pastoring our church for 40 years. Quite an accomplishment indeed!

We are planning a church celebration on the 7th, which has been mentioned on Karen's blog. So, we are busy with preparations for memories of the past 40 years! Believe me....lots of water has gone under that bridge.

Today, in our local paper, there is an interview honoring Dad/Rev. Thompson. You may access a video at http://www.therepublic.com/.

If you want to read the article, you can email me how to access it at bobandsheila@sbcglobal.net.

Later, I will try to write down some of my memories of the family & happenings in the parsonage over the years.

3 comments:

Angie said...

Okay, I love the photo they used in that article. I would like to read it too. Karen has my email. See you tomorrow night!

Karen Walden said...

Love the carpet in the top photo! I remember when Gpa and Gma looked like that too!!! :) I know you have lots of memories to share, get to writing. Maybe we can use some of them next Sunday!!!

Dorcas said...

Wow! 40 years is a long time at one pastorate!! We've only pastored three Churches since my husband went into the ministry. One was 13 years, the next 3 and where we are now it is almost 11 years. I'm sure you'll have quite the celebration for your in~laws. I hope you have a great day and put some pictures on here!! Enjoyed the video, too!!