Friday, August 8, 2008

Carter's Caper

Today was my day to have Carter & Brycen. It was a beautiful day and much to the delight of the boys, we spent most of it outdoors. Carter would stay out all day if I would let him! Brycen loves it too, but he tends to wander into the neighbors yard & I'm forever hollering out his name. (He loves to hide behind a tree in the back yard & runs when I finally see him!)

I actually got some yard work done--with the help of a couple of little boys who love to dig in the dirt. We had riding toys all over the yard, a toy lawn mower, more toys, and Brycen even found a couple of American flags. At one point, the boys were marching around the neighbors tree with flags over their shoulders, just like they were in a parade.

After their afternoon nap, Carter begged to go outdoors again. I decided we might as well enjoy the nice weather, so out we went. Grandpa Bob came home & walked out in the side yard to see the boys. We stood there talking & Carter disappeared.


I called his name and he peaked around our huge maple tree in the front yard. Suddenly I caught a glimpse of him...undies & pants down to his knees...shooting a stream towards the tree! I laughed out loud & Bob headed for the door! Carter came to see what I wanted, innocent as could be. I asked him if he went potty outside very often & he replied "sure"...just like there was nothing to it! What was so funny was that he thought he was hiding from us, but didn't realize he was putting on quite a show for our neighbors to see! I have no idea if anyone spotted him or not.

Another memory for my scrapbook....


I sure miss my camera...& wish I would have had it handy today!


The guilty little rascal!

8 comments:

Karen Walden said...

That's hilarious!!! What is it with these boys that they think they can "pee" outside!?!? Parker did the same thing recently and told the kids just to turn their heads!!!

Sheila said...

Ha! I think he has done that trick out by Grandpa's car shop. But at least that is in the back yard! :) Boys!!!!

Jenny said...

Ha ha...Wesley and I got a good laugh over that...oh, so glad we're having a girl! Wonder what kind of antics she'll try...

Sheila said...

I'm sure Arilynn will manage to embarrass you at some point!

I was pushing Karen in a grocery cart one day & she was singing church songs (very loudly!). A man walked up to us & said "what a sweet little girl". Karen looked at him and said "You big dummy!" I about went through the floor...

Carol said...

That is hysterical! I remember my little girls doing that, so Jenny may be out of luck...even with a little girl! : )
Yeah, I remember what a little sweetie Karen Lynn was...when she wanted to be!
Carter Jeffry is gonna give his daddy a run for his money.

Jenny said...

HA! That's so funny!!! Way to witness there, Karen!!!

Angie Davis said...

My sister and I tried that once. We didn't want Mom to see us and so we made sure we were safely hidden from the house. Unfortunately, we were backed up to the road and managed to moon our Uncle Charlie as he drove by... (And then I wonder about my boys...)

Sheila said...

So funny Angie! I think maybe Jenny & Wesley might be in for a little fun!