Sunday, July 27, 2008

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N...in the summertime!


Of course we pick the hottest month of the summer to head out on vacation. And I'm sure everyone knows about our horrible humidity levels that hit here in July & August!

But we are almost ready to pull our big rig out and head north--about 48 miles! (Parker laughed at me when I told him I was going to Indianapolis on vacation.) I'm looking forward to just being lazy and not doing much else for a few days. While Bob is sweating away in the parking lot, I hopefully will be thumbing through my stack of magazines, working on a scrapbook for my mother-in-law, or reading a book...that is if I'm back for the Malls in time! : )

We have stayed at the Adams Mark before and it is a nice hotel. BUT....I was rudely awakened about every night we were there around 1 a.m. by the sound of jet after jet taking off right over our heads! I found out that the hotel at that time was in the direct path of the UPS jets that all fly out in the wee hours of the morning! This time I'm going to be prepared by taking my Advil PM with me. Beside, the hotel has been completely rennovated & is supposed to be beautiful so I'm looking forward to staying there. I may have to go shopping for ear plugs.

I am one of the poor souls who does not own a laptop...and somehow I don't think Karen would be willing to loan me hers for a week! No telling what all I'll accomplish since I won't be able to lurk around everyone's blogs all day. I'm sure I'll have stories to tell when we get back home!

Toodle doo!

4 comments:

Carol said...

Have fun in Indy, Sis! Wish I was hanging out with you, but unfortunately, I'll be spending some time slaving over lots of boobies at work and getting kids ready for school at home. : (

Lady J said...

Have lots of fun in Indy! I have always wanted to spend a weekend in Indy. I just might do that sometime when I want to get away but can't go very far. Problem is-if I'm that close to my own bed I'd rather sleep in it than someone else's! How about posting some pictures of Bob's cars sometime?

Jenny said...

Have lots of fun! Maybe I'll have a pile of cards ready for your perusal when you get back! Maybe...

Karen Walden said...

Have a fun week relaxing and shopping! Doesn't matter how far away you go, as long as you just get away! See ya next weekend! The kids will miss ya this week!