Thursday, July 10, 2008

Aaaahhhhh!



I had been invited to a ladies Spa party...and with all of my inhibition's, I wasn't real anxious to go!
But it was a wonderful, relaxing evening, and I didn't feel a bit embarrassed! It helped to be with close friends, ladies I've know for quite a while. And it wasn't a very big party, which probably helped me in my comfort zone!


Of course it was a sales party, selling lotions,potions, salts & cremes...lots of lady stuff. I just had to have the hand care set as I couldn't believe the difference it made in just a one time treatment. The problem will be....getting myself to use the stuff faithfully! (I seriously thought about purchasing the "regenerative" facial set...which comes in sets for ages in the twenties, thirties, fourties, fifties & up! I had second thoughts when I saw the set for my age about tripled in price! It's expensive to get old :(
Marilyn applying her lip scrub...



Jenny (our mommy-to-be!) relaxing...
Did I hear your snoring , Jenny???



We scrubbed & creamed our hands, exfoliated & salved our lips, scrubbed, tightened & lotioned our faces, creamed up our feet & put on spa footies, layed back & relaxed to soothing music with refreshing eye pads, while the consultant came to each of us and did a hand massage. Aaaahhhh! I could have taken a nice snooze about that time! The only disappointing thing was--she only did one hand! It felt so good I was about ready to stick my feet up for a good ole foot massage...& I don't want anybody messing with my feet. :)















Me...aaaa...maybe not quite as relaxed as I thought!



and Rachel, enjoying her treatment...
That little stinker was keeping a big secret!
She told the next night that she is 5 1/2 months pregnant...& it's a boy!!!
(Did you sniff that peppermint stuff that our very pregnant Jenny wasn't supposed to smell?)
What an enjoyable evening! And I do believe another party will be coming along soon....right Rachel??? Thanks, Marilyn for a lovely evening! I was so relaxed I was about ready to sprawl out on your couch for the night!

8 comments:

Lady J said...

I hated to have to miss that party. I could use some pampering. Maybe Rachel's! Glad you clarified that Rachel is 5.5 months. Pauline has called me twice not sure if she was 5 weeks or 5 months, worried sick she was telling me the wrong thing!

Carol said...

Looks like a fun and relaxing little party. You look great with those eye pads. (wish I could have been there).

Angie Davis said...

I've only been to one of those, but it was fun! I'm afraid I'm hopelessly addicted to a secluded spa outside Zionsville and visit it monthly for pampering. Just had a massage and facial before the Columbus VBS!

Angie Davis said...

Oh yes, and after being referred to as "ditzy", I've decided to send you a little gift. Do you prefer the kind of large exotic reptile that bites, or just the ones that squeeze you...?

Amy Shearer said...

Wish I could've been there! Maybe next time I can get a babysitter - I would have given anything to see you all with face scrub on!?

Sheila said...

Carol...wish you could have been there too--without your camera!

Angie. I'm sorry-I'm sorry-I'm sorry! Blondes aren't ditzy at all! Now please...no gifts!

Amy...I"m sure we were beautiful sights! Save a date in August for Rachel's party! :) I'll have my camera with me...

Karen Walden said...

Maybe I'll have the night off in August to see what all that relaxing was about. I definitely need something to pamper my hands!!!!!

Jenny said...

NO! I was not snoring! Really wasn't totally relaxing either! Had too much on my mind! Go figure...