Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Slither.....

This post will remain photo-less!

I hate s_ _ _ _s!!!! If you know me very well, you know that I have a terrible fear of reptiles. And that is one dread I have of working in the garden...the chance of seeing one.

Yesterday morning I was watering my thirsty flowers underneath the tree that is between my neighbor & me. Out of the corner of my eye I caught a glimpse of the dreaded slithery thing squirming away into the ground cover under the tree. Thankfully, I didn't scream, but I think I might have danced a little jig! I just can't help it.

I did stay out & finished my watering job. I kept squirting the area where I saw the serpent slither away, hoping to keep him in hiding. Then I happened to think, what if I made him mad & he came out after me? Quickly I finished, looking around for his partner.

I've learned to never go barefoot in my yard as he isn't the first one I've seen. Last spring I remember saying a little prayer when I was weeding my courtyard by the patio, asking that if there was one of those slimmy things in my garden, that I wouldn't see it. And I don't remember seeing one last spring or summer.

I forgot all about saying that prayer for this year! But you can be assured that I'm about to do a little begging for serpent-less mercy.

Notice that I don't use the "snake" word? It gives me the creeps just to type it!

5 comments:

Peggy B. said...

Oooo.I hate those "things" Almost gives you the shivers thinking about them.

Karen Walden said...

Remember the time I put a dead one in your kitchen sink??? That was mean! I don't like them either but mice rank right up there with snakes when it comes to me being afraid!!

Sheila said...

Oh yes...I'll never forget that mean trick. I think I ran out of the house so fast that I don't remember getting a good look at it! Did I ever spank you for that???

Lady J said...

I'm with you Sheila! Can we blame this on Eve? What in the world did she see attractive enough about that s.... to hang out and talk to it? Now a talking s.... would literally have driven me out of the Garden-I wouldn't have waited on God.

Sheila said...

Me either...I usually run, screaming in the other direction!