Sunday, June 8, 2008

Pictures from my neighbor...

Hwy 46 W--looking towards I-65 bridge



Swifty gas station/46 West/across from Bob Evans


Willow Trace (old Carr Hill Rd) & 46West -just east of new Super Walmart

Waves in an unplanted field

Old Nienaber Farm

Heading into Columbs on 46West



Our neighbor just sent us awesome pictures of the Interstate 65 & Hwy 46 West Interchange.

I'm not sure how he got in walking distance of some of these shots! There is a People Trail along there that is somewhat elevated. He's quite the walker. Thanks a lot Gerry....hope you don't mind me sharing...
This boggles my mind. It looks like all of the 46 West businesses have water damage. I'm not sure about Super Walmart, Menards & Sam's Club. This morning they looked okay for my viewpoint.
Mary McGuire told me of stores in Eastbrook Plaza having broken windows. The Ark has heavy water damage.




8 comments:

Angie Davis said...

I can't believe the damage! I thought our little bulging creeks around here were bad until I heard about Columbus...

Sheila said...

If you go to "Wish TV" & "WRTV" websites, you can see video of the area. There is some of the hosptial being evacuated.

This is worse that the 1913 flood which was supposed to be record breaking. www.therepublic.com also has pictures...

Denise said...

Wow! That is just unbelievable! I can't get over it......! I'm glad you are all safe.

Karen Walden said...

Awesome pictures! I can't believe that is 46...Do you feel like you are on Mt Ararat??? :)

Sheila said...

Really! I told Bob that if we ever got flooded out, Noah had better have a boat ready at the bottom of the hill! We get water under our house and in our ditch...but I don't think we'll ever be flooded out like some of those poor people! This is going to take months to get back to normal!

Karen Walden said...

I keep thinking of when we went on vacation to Gulf Shores after the hurricaine hit there. They never did rebuild some of it and it looked terrible. Hopefully, that doesn't happen here and everything will get a fresh look!

Dorcas said...

Wow!! This is so sad!! I'm glad you all are safe there. They mentioned Columbus on the news here yesterday. I can't get over the flooding in the fields and that there were actually waves in the water. Unbelievable!!

Columbus Man said...

These photos would be a great edition to the DVD we have created to raise money for the community. Check out site out at www.columbusflood2008.com.

Any photos you or your friends took if submitted would be on version 3.

Nice site