Friday, June 6, 2008

Jake






Last week my little nephew made me feel like a very old aunt by being promoted from elementary school into middle school! My goodness...didn't he just get out of about 3rd grade?









We used to call it "Junior High" but I think most school districts now refer to the next two years as "Middle School". There will be a lot of changes and growing up for Jake to do, new friends to make, new challenges, & new temptations. It's hard to be a kid now.
But we know that Jake has a good Christian foundation, great morals & is a great guy. He can meet these challenges and new learning experiences knowing that even in a large public school district, his Faith can help him each day.

Congratulations, Jacob! We are proud of you. Wish we could have been there to see you get all of your awards. Keep practicing that "fiddle"! Enjoy your summer



1 comment:

Carol said...

Awww!!! What a super-sweet post! Thanks Sis! I have been intending on doing my own post about my new middle-schooler. Unfortunately, I have been a little busy and have neglected my blog for a little too long.
Thanks again! Wasn't he a little cutie?

Let's keep praying that he will continue to make good choices in life. : )