Thursday, May 1, 2008

I'm a magazine freak...


Do you subscribe to as many magazines as I do? I'm afraid I'm going to have to admit that I'm a magazine junkie! It's one of my addictions/pleasures/hobbies...or whatever you might want to call it. I do love my magazines!


I have noticed that over the years my tastes in magazines have changed. Where I used to pick up "Family Circle", "Woman's Day", "Redbook", or some other magazine that might be at the grocery store counter just waiting to be purchased, I now find myself selecting a different kind. For years I was a faithful subscriber to "Good Housekeeping" but my interest has wained, and now Karen has taken over that subscription.

I'm not sure if it is an age thing or not, but my tastes have definitely changed. Where our Postman used to be delivering the latest Cross Stitch copy, he is now bringing beautiful pages of gardens of my dreams, plus decorating ideas, & even some great recipes!
Here are my favorites...
I love going to the mailbox & finding the new issues of my favorites there. For a special treat, I try to put them aside & wait until my daily routine is done, & then I can snuggle down for an evening of browsing through the pages. But sometimes I just can't wait, so I grab a can of Diet Coke or a glass of sweet iced tea (I'm a Southern Girl at heart!) & flip through the pages at my kitchen table!

I bet my Postman hates me!






6 comments:

Karen Walden said...

I only wish I had time to browse through magazines! I do good to get through the Singing News! We have been getting weekly Sports Illustrated for years! I know our postman hates those! HA!

Michelle said...

I'm not too much into magazines. When I see one that interests me I'll buy it but I don't have a subscription to anything. I usually get the ones moms got and if finished with.

Carol said...

I don't think I have any current magazine subscriptions now, but Garry does subscribe to Better Homes and Gardens AND Midwest Living!!!! How funny is that???!!!! :)

Peggy said...

I love to look at magazines. I been known to go to the library and just set and look through them to my hearts content.

Sheila said...

Leave it to Garry! I bet he subscribed for you!!!

Carol said...

No...ACTUALLY, he subscribed for himself! He thought there might be some awesome decorating and design ideas. Too funny, huh?
This morning, I discovered that someone has subscribed me to Us Weekly magazine. I have never even looked at one, but have gotten one for the past two weeks and didn't know it until Garry said that he saw I was getting a new mag!!! WEIRD!!!