Wednesday, May 28, 2008

The Bunny Spoon



It is just a cheap little spoon that I got years ago from saving up "proof of purchase" tags from Nestle Quik. In fact, I have two of the little spoons so we must have drank lots & lots of chocolate milk many long years ago! I know it has been a long time because I remember Karen & Jeff using those spoons at our other house in Pleasant View addition. So the spoons are probably about 30 years old!







Now my grandchildren have discovered them & they insist that I stir their "chocky" milk with the bunny spoons! They go digging in my silverware drawer to find it & are highly disappointed if the spoons happen to still be in the dishwasher. So far we haven't had any major arguments over there only being two spoons...and I haven't found any others like them on eBay, so we are going to just have to share. :)


No telling how many glasses of chocolate milk have been stirred with those spoons. I know it used to be a ritual to set out the Nestle Quik on our breakfast table--both chocolate & strawberry! Parker thinks he prefers the Hershey syrup...but when he wasn't looking the other day, I used Nestle's--& he didn't notice the difference! So, just for old times sake, I think I'll keep some of it around.

I thought about giving Karen & Jeff each a spoon to take home & use at for their children. But then I decided that the grand kids would be awfully disappointed when they dug around in Grandma's silverware drawer & there was no bunny spoon to be found. I think I'll keep them for now. We still have lots more milk stirring to do around here!

9 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Ah yes...the wonderful bunny spoon! I remember anytime those were in the drawer, Jeff and I thought we had to use them! That's funny that my kids think they have to use them as well! Keep them there, they would be awful disappointed if they disappeared from your house!
I didn't realize that we had them up at the other house!!! Those things are antiques...

Angie Davis said...

I have a bunny spoon too!

Sherry Gates said...

What a nice story! I know we always wanted my grandma's metal cups. Want me to find you more spoons in some of the ummm...stores I visit?

Anonymous said...

my mamaw just gave me this spoon today! she also bought it many years ago when i was a child after saving those proof of purchase points. she saved it for me all these years. i just bought a house and she wanted me to bring home with me. i couldn't wait to get home and use it!!

Mike said...

Hello
I was just surfing to find out if anyone else had a bunny spoon and there you were :)
Funny isn't it? Everyone that is at my place and sees/finds it has to use it for dessert or stirring or whatever purpose they can think of...
And they came out around 1975, and still bright and shiny..we got ourselves a good deal :)
Just thought I'd share
Mike

Murrie said...

I bought my bunny spoon for my kids sometime in the 80's. I came across it a few years ago and I use it now for my cappuccino. And it's the silliest thing, but I have misplaced it a couple of times, and gone crazy until I found it! I won't drink my cappuccino without "MY" bunny spoon. My youngest son thinks I'm crazy for using it since it's a collectors item. But, I just love it! :o)

chesterthehero said...

im 32 years old and "my" bunny spoon is the only spoon ill use.. if im away from home and happen to need a spoon without fail i will mention aloud that "this would taste better if i had my spoon"

Meg Steele said...

We have 4 bunny spoons. We had 2 sons, Mike and Scott. So of course Mom and Dad had to have one too. Now we have a granddaughter who is 5. She love the spoons too. But her Daddy, Mike wants to take his home to use there. I just can't let them go. I told him that when I am gone, he will inherit 2 of them, and the other 2 have to go to his brother. He said, 'do I have to wait that long??" I said, 'yes, sorry'. I will try my best to find more but so far only 1 on ebay and they want $85. NO WAY! sorry Mike. Nice to see others love the 'bunny spoon' as much as we do.

Anonymous said...

I love my bunny spoon. I sent away for it when they were first out. I am not 72 and wish I had another. I use it almost everyday. If anyone wants to sell one let me know. pbittner1@comcast.net