Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Spuds







One afternoon recently I decided it was so nice I would just grill outdoors & throw a potato in the oven for supper. I quickly turned the oven on, went outside to start the grill, came indoors and made a pitcher of iced tea, and tossed a salad. ( I got a much needed new grill for my birthday & am loving it!)

Bob came home & I grabbed him to do a few chores for me, then I put 2 beautifully thick butterfly pork chops on the grill. I was running a little behind so hurried to set the table as the pork chops were about done. Dinner was ready!


Everything was on the table & I opened to oven to take out our baked potatoes...and much to my surprise, the oven was empty! I forgot to put any spuds in the oven! Needless to say, we had a supper without our starch! And it didn't hurt us a bit.


It's a little scary when you realize you how forgetful your are becoming!!! I sure was glad I wasn't cooking for company...

5 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Ha Ha!!! Hope that isn't a sign...
I am always doing something like that! I tried to put the milk in the pantry recently! At least I caught myself!
I see you "branched out" and chose a new template! Did you have to re-do your blog list? I always seem to have to do that for some reason as well as my number of visits! Maybe it is because it isn't one from blogspot...

Sheila said...

No...I didn't have to redo anything. I just used the google template. I'm not that brave just yet!!!

greatkidzmom said...

Nice grill, Sis! Makes my old Weber look pretty nasty! I'm totally shocked that you forgot your potatoes...NOT! :) Sounds like something I would do.
Just got home from Jake's orchestra concert. Kylie played for Varsity tonight, and Kelcie is at youth group. Busy, busy...but it's all good.

Love,
Carol

Sheila said...

Well, by the end of the summer, this thing won't look like new!

I know you are busy with K & J! Keep running...

I've got kids coming in a few minutes so gotta run too!

Angie Davis said...

I got a new crockpot this winter and it's too big to fit into my designated cabinet spot. We were having company recently, so I just shoved it in the oven to get it out of the way. I forgot about it and the next day, I started preheating the oven to make cookies. I got all the way upstairs and came running down like a crazy woman just in time to save it!