Thursday, April 24, 2008

Bluebells...
















For you non-gardeners, you may want to skip this one!






This morning I was on my way in town & had a few minutes to spare so decided to enjoy the beautiful spring day. I detoured off of Washington Street & almost immediately was in a



wonderland of Bluebells! There on the hillside, in the back yard of my "dream house", were hundreds, and maybe thousands of little Bluebells in full bloom. I just happened to have my camera handy so pulled over & took a few shots--through the iron fence.


Driving on down the street I found more Bluebells in bloom. Masses of them had been carefully planted & this must have been their peak bloom time. In a few weeks their leaves will wither away & we won't be able to tell they were ever there, until next spring when they surprise us again. Last year was the first time I had ever found any growing in the wild and I was so happy about that. Now I have another pathway to explore!



I'm so glad I slowed down this morning. Doesn't God paint a beautiful picture for us when we least expect it? Take a little time for yourselves...get off the main road & take a deep breathe & enjoy!

10 comments:

greatkidzmom said...

Isn't it amazing what we see when we just slow down a little??
Jake had the day off today, so Kelcie and I took him to lunch and then made him go shopping. Just by slowing down a little and spending a little time with him, Kelcie has found out what a great friend he can be. The two of them are now what they call "Besties"!
(Poor Kylie was stuck at school and softball practice).
Glad you took the time to enjoy the bluebells. :)

Michelle said...

They are pretty! I have taken a new-found interest in flowers and bushes since I've had my own house. I've found I actually enjoy it!

Karen Walden said...

I will admit that those are pretty! But...if they are a lot of work, then I am not interested! ;) I need something that doesn't take much time or water! HA!
Where exatly is your "dream house?"

Sherry Gates said...

What a beautiful time Spring in Indiana is! I love your blog~it is interesting and pretty! Well, unless Karen's kids are misbehaving, then it is interesting and ummm...funny!

Karen Walden said...

Careful Sherry..... ;)

Sheila said...

You wouldn't want Bluebells, Karen. They bloom now & then everything disappears by June. That would aggrevate you! My dream home...about 20th & Washington St. The old house that Tom Wetheald bought, put in a pool landscaped the grounds, etc. Remember when the previous owners had a wedding reception in the yard? I've never been in it, but I think I love the setting more than anything.

Michelle, you probably have some neat garden centers in your area.

Carol...glad you are having a little Kelcie & Jake time!

Sherry, you should see my dogwoods in full bloom!!!

Peggy said...

I just love this time of year.

Karen Walden said...

I know exactly which house you are talking about! It is really pretty!

Sherry Gates said...

I know that what kids do is not always funny to the moms but I had 4 and I have been through some things with my angels!? I haven't really seen anything that bad about your kids on the blogs do you keep that secret?

girlonarock said...

how beautiful! i love bluebells!, i've spent ages reading your posts this morning, what an interesting blog you have.