Saturday, March 1, 2008

Song of Solomon 2: 11-12

"See! The winter is past;


the rains are over and gone.


Flowers appear on the earth;


the season of singing has come...


Song of Solomon Chapter 2-Verses 11,12 (NIV)




At last, today I was able to flip my calendar over from February to March! And the sun was shining and the temperatures felt just a little warmer. The days are getting longer...and I can hardly wait until it is time for the flowers to start peeping their heads above the cold, dark earth! And when it warms some, then I can begin my gardening!



I found a patch of Bluebells last spring, along a road we had traveled several times...but I had never noticed them before. This spring I will be looking for them!

Maybe because Bob & I both had the flu, maybe because we haven't been anywhere since last summer, or maybe we just always long for the winter to be over, it seemed that February would never end. I know it is several weeks until we will actually begin to see the rebirth of our plants & trees & flowers begin to bloom. But I heard a meteorologist say yesterday on the radio that they actually consider March 1st as the beginning of Spring. I wanted to yell "it's okay by me"!
But for more reasons than just springtime do I love March. There will be several birthdays this month to celebrate...





White River...from "Tinkey Bridge"...last spring

My friend, Pauline, will be celebrating on the 9th. Then on the 10th our little niece, Amelia will be having her 3rd birthday! She has recently been through the ordeal of being diagnosed with diabetes but has rebounded and is doing very well. A cousin, Paula, will be celebrating, also on the 10th. She was born just 4 days before our daughter, Karen...who will be celebrating on the 14th! Then I always seem to bring Spring in with a bang on the 20th... followed by our baby grandson, Brycen, who will be 2 years old on the 23rd. It will be so much fun celebrating his birthday on Easter this year.--Which I've heard will never happen again in our life times. This is as early as any of us will ever see Easter.

So...there is reason to get busy & clean my windows so the sun can shine in, start planning my garden chores, and order lots of birthday cakes! March is going to be a happy month.
Happy March, everyone!

Woodland Poppies...one of the first signs of spring!


3 comments:

Steven said...

I can't wait for spring either!

Is Amelia Kevin and Rebecca's daughter?

Michelle said...

Sorry, that was my comment above. I've got to learn now to see who might be logged in these days...

Karen Walden said...

To answer Michelle's question...Yes, Amelia is Kevin and Reb's daughter! She is a little doll too!
As for Spring! YIPEE! It was great today to be able to put thin jackets on the kids and none for me! I cannot wait for warm weather and shoving the kids outdoors!
Mom...Gene Davis is having a birthday tomorrow too!!!