Saturday, March 22, 2008

He Lives Within My Heart...



He Lives!

I serve a risen Savior, He's in the world today;
I know that He is living whatever men may say;
I see His hand of mercy, I hear His voice of cheer,
And just the time I need Him, He's always near.

Chorus

He lives, He lives,Christ Jesus lives today!
He walks with me and talks with meAlong life's narrow way.
He lives, He lives,Salvation to impart!
You ask me how I know He lives?He lives within my heart.


words & music by Alfred H. Ackley


This happens to be my favorite Easter hymn. It will officially be Easter Sunday morning for me when we sing this song along with "Up From the Grave He Arose"!

My parents were saved & began attending a Holiness church when I was three years old. Therefore, I don't have any memory of never being in church on Easter Sunday morning. We were always in church when the doors were open...health permitting.And Easter was one of our favorite times of the year.

I'll never forget my Dad's not always so melodious voice bellowing out "He Lives" along with some of his other favorite hymns. He didn't have the best singing voice--but he most definitely made a joyful noise...sometimes much to my Mom's dismay.

I also love the rebirth of everything in the springtime. Some think it not so religious to have the Easter bunnies, little chickens, etc. And I do see their point. But if you look around us & see the beauty of nature, you can see Our Father's hand in all of the new life that is springing up around us. So, when we have our little family celebration, I hope that we can instill the real meaning of Easter in those little hearts, & put the desire to always be in church, especially on Easter Sunday morning, just as my parents did those quite a few years ago!


May you all have a wonderful Easter!



Me & my brother Steve...

about 1954!

1 comment:

Karen Walden said...

Happy Easter to you too! See ya in a few hours...:0)