Monday, March 10, 2008

Happy Birthday, Amelia Ann!


































Today is our sweet little niece's birthday. Amelia Ann is now 3 years old!





Amelia


She is the daughter of Kevin & Rebekah---who are just a few years younger than us--so Amelia is more the age of our grandchildren! Doesn't matter...she is still a sweetie!





Amelia has recently been diagnosed with Type One diabetes. For a while she was having to have daily insulin shots. Amazingly, her sugar levels have stabilized and for now she is no longer having to take the shots. Her Uncle Bob says that it isn't amazing...we just need to acknowledge that Jesus has touched her little body & helped her not to have to go through that right now. Hopefully...& prayerfully...it will last for a long, long time.


Amelia & her big brother, Kevin


Happy Birthday, Amelia! We love you very much!!!


Auntie Sheila...& Uncle Bob too

3 comments:

Karen Walden said...

Happy Birthday Amelia! I thought of you several times today! Hope you got lots of fun presents!
We love you!
Jonathan, Karen, Parker, Peyton and Paige

Michelle said...

Awww...she's cute! So is Kevin. That had to be a tough time for her, Kevin and Reb dealing with her diabetes/insulin. I pricked Kelcee's finger once to check her sugar levels, because I was concerned that she seemed to be drinking and using the bathroom a lot, and it about killed me! Her level was fine, thank goodness but for a long time after that she would tell me "I have to go poop - I don't want you to prick my finger" even though she really had to pee. lol

Denise said...

Awww, they are cute kids! I hope she had a great birthday.