Friday, January 25, 2008

Jake the Spelling Champ!















My nephew is a Champ!


Seems like he won the Final Spelling Bee at his grade school in Overland Park, Kansas. He won over all of the other finalists in grades 4-6 at Tomahawk Grade School & will now go on to another competition!


Congratulations Jacob! Keep up the good work. You make us proud. : )


Jacob just celebrated his 12th birthday earlier this month & will be attending Junior High next year. Talk about making his ole aunt feel older than ever!!!

4 comments:

Peggy B. said...

Welcome to blogging, Sheila.

Sheila said...

Thanks, Peggy. I'm not too sure about all of this, but will give it a try! By the way, congratulations on being a "grandma-to-be"! I'm excited for Wesley & Jenny....& the rest of you.

Sheila

Karen Walden said...

Congrats Jake!!! Way to go! I don't think I was ever in a spelling bee! I would be scared to death! Keep up the great work and I hope you win it all!!!

greatkidzmom said...

...well...we are REALLY proud of our little speller...even if he didn't intend to win. He goes to the County Spelling Bee Feb. 9th, much to his dismay!!
Thanks for the post.
Karen, thanks for the heads-up on the new blogger!
Love,
Carol