Monday, January 28, 2008

The Flu Bug!


Well, I had plans of blogging and going on and on about my Great-Grandmother tonight, but have decided that will have to wait. The Bug has struck!

Mr. Bug has been in our house for over 2 weeks now & I'm ready to send him South! Bob has been sick for 2 weeks, been to the doctor 3 times, has taken tons of medicine, & Saturday got worse. But after a doctor's office visit today & a Big Shot of some miracle drug (Thanks Karen...) I think he might be getting better. Thank goodness! There is nothing worse than a sick husband who doesn't like Kleenex & had a hamper full of "used" hankies for me to wash. YUCK!!! However, he spent some time in is Car Shop tonight so I'm thinking Mr. Big Shot is already working.

Tell me to never brag. I was talking to a friend this afternoon, pouring my disgusted heart out to her, (not really) and said that I was doing just fine so far. I should never have said it! During supper I began to chill, had a head ache, had burning eyes...& started coughing. Bob looked at me as if to say "oh no...". I about jumped up & down saying I refuse to get this junk! But I ended up in my cozy robe, & finally warmed up so much I'm ready to go put my summer nightgown on!

We also had sick grandkids for about 2 weeks which was just a ton of fun! They are all much better now-except I think Parker's ears might be clogged up. He had a DVD blasting today & when I would turn it down, he would turn it back up. Not a good sign....

Springtime...you can't get here soon enough! Hopefully Mr. Bug will get out of here & life can return to normal, whatever that may be!

More sentimental stuff when I'm not sucha "Hot Mama"...the kind that Advil will cure.

7 comments:

Nathan and Tricia said...

I hope you get to feeling better soon!! Seems like EVERYBODY has whatever this is. I work in an ER here in Illinois - I think we have seen every person in the county and then some!!!!!! (found you through Jenny's blog)

Karen Walden said...

That hilarious that you have bragged so much and now it has gotten you too! Hope you aren't as bad as Dad... Get well soon...
(Get ready to bend over if it gets bad enough to go to the Doctor!) :)

Michelle said...

Hope you start feeling better soon!

Jenny said...

Is the picture of Mr. Bug, the flu, or Mr. Bug, your husband?!?! He He...Get better soon!

Peggy B. said...

Hope you feel better soon!!!

Sheila said...

I think Mr. Bug might be what I thought Mr. T was like in the last few days. Ha! But he is getting paid back now. I'm feeling better and don't think I have it as nearly as bad as Bob...but I've slept almost the whole day! Decided I'd better wake up for a while.

Stay away from those bugs!!!

Denise said...

Uuuugh! I hope you are both back to normal soon!